Reports To: Finance Manager
The Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Prepare periodical reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Assist in developing and managing budgeting system.
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting or a related area.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation is preferred.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Office.
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws.
- Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Other Key Attributes:
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem-solving and time-management skills.