Associate Director/ Director of Translational Research
We are offering an Associate Director/ Director level position (depending on candidate experience) for a very motivated and collaborative candidate who will perform and oversee multi-omics on clinical samples. The position is for a wet lab researcher with experience in RNA-seq, DNA analysis and other types of OMICS including spatial to investigate FFPE and other clinical samples. The ideal candidate should have an advanced degree (PhD.) in biology, biochemistry or a related field and a minimum of five years (post-graduate) of research experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical setting. The candidate will be integrated in a multidisciplinary team, working closely with computational scientists and managing a wet lab. In addition to producing high-quality data, the role will be actively involved in designing experiments, troubleshooting, and communicating with team members. This is an on-site position located in Paris or its suburbs.
- Oversee and perform integrative molecular profiling on clinical samples and other lab operations.
- Work in collaboration with the Head of Translational Research to design and implement the strategy for targets and biomarkers identification.
- Work closely with the computational team to discuss results.
- Work with CROs to perform sequencing and other methods including experimental validations of targets.
- Collaborate with external academic research teams designated by CURE51 management.
- Present data at project teams and to external collaborator when needed.
- The position could include management of direct reports.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative, self-directed, with proven ability to work independently and possess the following:
- Preferred scientific and clinical background in Oncology.
- 5+ years postgraduate industry experience in translational research in a biotech setting.
- Strong knowledge of molecular profiling in cancer biology, transcription and genetics.
- Experience in DNA and RNA isolation of frozen and FFPE clinical specimens.
- Experience in drug discovery from target is a plus.
- Understanding and experience on multi-omics data analysis is a plus.
- Experience in single-cell and spatial transcriptomics is a plus.
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and basic knowledge of regulatory guidelines is a plus.
Other key Attributes
- Excellent organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills.