The Financial Controller is a key role within the Finance Department, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the finance team, ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting, and implementing strong financial controls and procedures. This position plays a crucial role in providing the executive team with strategic financial input, as well as ensuring compliance with financial regulations. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of technical finance skills, strategic thinking, and leadership abilities to support the organization’s financial health and growth.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis: Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Analyze these reports to identify trends, forecast future performance, and provide actionable insights to the management team.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Lead the budgeting process, setting up annual budgets and forecasting future financial performance. Collaborate with various departments to understand their financial needs and constraints.
Cash Flow Management: Manage cash flow to ensure sufficient liquidity for operational needs and growth opportunities, maintaining a keen eye on expenditures and investment strategies.
Internal Controls and Compliance: Establish and maintain robust internal controls to manage financial risks and ensure compliance with financial regulations and standards. Oversee financial policies and procedures, ensuring adherence.
Cost Control and Efficiency: Identify areas for cost reduction and efficiency improvement. This could involve renegotiating contracts, optimizing procurement processes, and finding innovative cost-saving opportunities.
Strategic Financial Planning: Contribute to strategic planning by providing financial insights and analysis, aiding in decisions about investments, expansions, or new projects.
Tax Planning and Compliance: Manage tax obligations and ensure compliance with tax regulations, including overseeing the preparation and filing of tax returns and managing tax-related issues.
- Technology Integration: Implement and manage financial software and systems to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and accessibility of financial data.
Professional Experience: At least 5 years experience in financial control, preferably within a tech or biotech company, showcasing an ability to manage complex financial systems in a dynamic business environment.
Expertise in Financial Reporting and Analysis: Proven track record in financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting, demonstrating an ability to translate financial data into actionable business insights.
Knowledge of Regulatory Compliance: Familiarity with the regulatory landscape relevant to biotech or tech industries, including international financial regulations and standards.
Adaptability and Strategic Thinking: Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving industry and contribute to strategic financial decisions that align with Cure51’s mission and growth objectives.
Technological Proficiency: Competence in utilizing advanced financial management software and systems, aligning with Cure51’s technology-driven approach.
Other key Attributes
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate effectively across various teams.